Taken last Feb'09 during our visit for a few days
Last Eid Raya in Melaka, our hometown and my old Mom's house.
His 7 kids
Al-Fatihah
to Sergeant Haji Melan Bin Omar's Family
Passed on 2 Dec 2009 at the age of 62
Just got news last night that he passed away just b4 midnite. The bad news that I never want to get eventhough I know it was coming. Feeling sad and helpless as I am far away but he is my prayers and also for my nieces,nephews,his 3 grandkids and especially my sister Melah. Called them and wishes they will be strong and 'reda' with the situation.
He's been since for the last 2.5 mth since Eid/Raya Aidilfitri. He was having so many physical medical failure and his organs were failing one by one. He had lost so much weights frm the picture above that I took the last time we saw him in Johor Bharu,Malaysia last Feb'09, to left just skinny him that is unrecognizable than our normal very bubbly 'Pak Ngah'.
I've been calling my sister every now and then since he was admitted and the last I called he was very ill and I know I won't be able to see him again.He is in a better place as we don't want him to suffer like what he did the last few months. He can't really eat at all as his body can't process any food at all. His liver just failed. We always loves him and known him as a guy who loves to eat. And seeing him at the end of his life not been able to eat and pretty much starving till his past away, are heartbreaking. He never complaint about food not being nice, he is always eat what was served to him with such pleasure.
I remember when I was young and how he will drive me and his 1st son Ijan with his Vespa scooter,( which by the way they still have it in front of their house-non working but have so much memories with that scooter to pass it on as junk) around his place at that time and sometime pick us up frm the bus station / airport when me and my Mom visited them. I will sit right in front in that foot rest scooter area and just enjoyign the breeze wind that come on my face. Love that moments. He was like a father really because I was so little when he and my sister got married and treat me like his own when he was with me.The age gap btwn me and my nephew his 1st born is just 1 year. So we played well when we were little. It just that they moved and travel a lot as a Military family. Been to JB,Kuching and Pengkalan Chepa as their based of home before settling down in Kulai, Johor. He was a medical assistant in the army before working as a medical assistant/pharmacist in the Univ. of Technology in Skudai. He was always travelling with lots of different type of pills.....that we know we can always count on during family vacation/events. We know who to ask because 'The Doctor' was in the house. And he knows more people in my village than us too sometimes especially the 'masjid'/mosque people as he always prefer to pray at the mosque as it is vey close to our home. We will missed you dearly Abang Melan...very much so.
I am chocked while writing this. You don't know how much you will miss someone till they are gone.
December is a month that is very unfavorable to me right now. Too many family members passed away during this month for the last few years.
To my sister Melah, my nieces and nephews, be strong and don't be so sad. He was a wonderful father to you and remember him always in your heart and what he believe in and what he wants best for the family.
Al-Fatihah.



No comments:
Post a Comment