We left for Bali in the middle of our 2 weeks vacation in Malaysia. Very hectic and short time to spent with family I must say but we figure that this would be the only time that we can go anywhere closer and cheaper and make it happen.
We flew with Air Asia, not bad for a discount flight internationally frm Kuala Lumpur. Don’t expect the usual treatment though. We have to pay for the beverages and meals, but knowing that ahead of time help lower the expectation and honestly it was a great flight. Not that bad lah.
Arrived in Ngurah Rai Bali International Airport, we were shocked by an application for a visa on arrival and it cost us USD 10 each. Not just that, we have to be in line for almost an hour and Mahesh was detained in a special room by the immigration officer. YES!!! He was as his passport is less than 6 mths before expired. What else? After talking to a few officer, they sort of ask for bribe $$$ and I negotiatated for a lower $$$ request. And they want it in USD…so I ended paid USD100 instead of USD200 for the 2 mths that his passport is lacking upon entry. Luckily he was not deported or worst in jail!! Having a knowledge of their language a little help so I started talk in Indonesian language lah…which is a little different that Malay but the same group ‘rumpun’ language. Luckily they hold our bags for us and that was good as we were stuck for quit a while. Once we were out frm the office, we straight got our bags and catch a cab/taxi headed to our hotel. It kind of funny too this experience huh…We bribed to get in!!!!
Arrived a the hotel, which is nice ambience…we were so glad and they help us arrange to go to a nice seafood restaurant by a seaside which is about 20 mins drive in Jimbaran. I bit pricy but might as well enjoyed the experience. But Jeffrey was a bit fussy and it’s hard for me to enjoy it until he got his grilled corn!!! And Mahesh have to bring him near to the sea and hear the wave and see it in action for me to enjoy the rest of the food. We have grilled fresh tuna and crab for dinner.
We got back to the hotel and I almost lost my wallet and all the $$$. Luckily the taxi driver was an honest man and give me back my wallet as I dropped it coming out frm his taxi…Fuuuuiiiiih!!!! Quit trauma for a min!! Can u imagine what would happen? Anyway, he headed to bed kind of early that night frm the tiring trip.
For the photos: click here http://elliesookram.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album48
We had a complimentary breakfast in the hotel coffee shop and after that we explored the resort and see where were their pools and beach front. We are a lucky one as this hotel have an easy access to the beachfront!! Not all the hotel/resort have this in Bali, so u really have to do some research. The Kuta Beach is great for a novice surfers. The waves are strong. If you want a calmer beach, go to the north side I believe but it will be quit a ride as it is far. Beautiful resort facilities I must say but not that really blown away with their room. But that is fine with us as we enjoyed most of the time outside anyway. They have 3 separate pools, the main one, with the Jacuzzi one and the infinity seawater pool near the beachfront. GREAT!!! We spent that morning swimming like fish especially Jeffrey. He enjoyed his time in water for sure. After that we dress and went out to find some lunch and do some souvenir shopping afterwards. It’s very hard to judge and knowing how much we spent as their Rupiah are in huge currency. We have more than a Million Rupiah and we spent it all toward the end. Millionaires in 2 days only!!!Knowing their language helps me but that doesn’t help for them to still cheated me a little. Nothing compare to the Aussie but if u want to avoid being cheated feeling, go straight to the mall which is very close to Bali Garden Resort where we stayed and they have more selection for souvenirs. On the 3rd & 4rd floor. Wish we know that first but hey…….it’s all about the experience isn’t it?
That night after dinner, I arrange a spa massage and scrub ‘lulur’ for myself. Quite nice facility and I enjoyed the pampered for 90 mins at least while the boys were sleeping in the room already when I got back.
The next day after breakfast, we packed and ready to head back to KL but had another surprises at the airport, right before we headed to the gate we have to pay 150,000 Rupiah per person as an airport tax. That took us by surprised, luckily we have leftover of 400,000 rupiah and used the last 300,000. Yeap….one after another… In the end, it was still a nice 2 days vacation, which we had more time…………next time maybe….but we think we will explore the islands of Malaysia on the East Coast next time…

1 comment:
I'm now a bit worried about my Bali trip in October. I booked ticket with Air Asia too and when I paid online, I thought I paid airport tax. Or was it fuel surcharge that I paid! How come you paid for VOA (Visa on Arrival)? Malaysian don't need visa to enter Indonesia, right? Now, I'm really confused....
Post a Comment